Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:03:29 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>, User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
Subject:   Re: Release date freebsd 13.1

On 11/6/21 10:53 pm, Arthur Chance wrote:
> On 11/06/2021 12:45, Jerry wrote:
>> I was trying to find a proposed dated for the release of "FreeBSD 13.1".
>> I couldn't seem to find any info on it on the FreeBSD site.
>>

> The only thing I can see is
>

> Upcoming Release Schedule
>
> Note: Release dates are approximate and may be subject to schedule slippage.
>
> As of 2021-05-17, the next release has not yet been announced.

Historically, +0.1 releases are roughly 12 months apart
So I would expect 13.1 in the first half of next year

12.2 - 10/2020
12.1 - 11/2019
12.0 - 12/2018

11.4 -  6/2020
11.3 -  7/2019
11.2 -  6/2018
11.1 -  6/2017
11.0 - 10/2016

The update could be part of the next 13.0 patch update, who could verify
or make that decision?

You could consider running stable or apply the patch and build your own
kernel to test the update before its in a release

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler