Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:10:10 +0200
From:      Frank Wall <fwall@inotronic.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting Java Applications - Best Practise?

Hi,

I'm planning to create ports for some java applications. Some of them
are going to utilize devel/maven2. (And all of them depend on www/tomcat6.)

I've noticed that bsd.java.mk has support for Apache ANT, but not
for maven2. And the Porter's Handbook just talks about Apache ANT [1].

Besides that I was not able to find a FreeBSD port which utilizes maven(2)
to build the java application (during installation of the port).
That's why I'm asking for some advise, hints or examples.

For example, I'd like to create a port for Jasig's CAS Server,
which ships as a complete maven project [2].

[1]
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#JAVA-BUILDING-WITH-ANT

[2]
http://www.jasig.org/cas/download