Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:26:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Patrick Mahan <mahan@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP server for FreeBSD 4.4

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Patrick Mahan wrote:

> Is there suppose to be a dhcp server included with release 4.4?

to the best of my knowledge, there is no DHCP server in FreeBSD. dhclient
is included, to support using a dhcp server out of the box. it's become
pretty standard at this time.

> If not, what is the recommend dhcp server package to use?

well, i use the isc-dhcp version 2. you can build it from the ports
(/usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp2).

it's handy, but a little difficult to configure at first.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
	     -- Bob Dylan