Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:16:35 +0100
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        "Timur I. Bakeyev" <timur@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Samba3 + Jails in FreeBSD

>Hi!

>On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Felipe Carlo <felipe.cts1@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have one problem with Samba in a Jail.
>>
>> When I try to start the samba I have this message:
>>
>> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh start
>> %%WINBIND%%#: not found
>> %%WINBIND%%#winbindd_enable=3DYES: not found
>> .: Can't open %%RC_SUBR%%: No such file or directory

>What version of Samba port do you use? How did you make your
>installation? Was it port or package?

>In general, I don't think, that Samba will work in jail.

>Regards,
>Timur.

I use samba-3.2.x samba-3.3.2 and samba 3.0.x in a jail as a member =
server against an windows 2003 server and all is working fine.
Those machines are proxy machines and on that machine i installed a jail =
for samba for a local copy of the dat from the windows servers.
Also to house some large (over 2.5GB) .pst files from the fantastic =
outlook 2007 which can make the file grow to 20Gb.
It all Works just fine, just make sure it never uses the localhost =
address.

I use ezjail to create the jails by the way.

=20