Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 1996 10:40:19 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Tony Jago <tony@fit.qut.edu.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Diskless Dispare...

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Tony Jago wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:53:10 -0700
> > From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
> > To: Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
> > Cc: Tony Jago <tony@fit.qut.edu.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
> > Subject: Re: NFS Diskless Dispare...
> >
> > > Ouch!  This would be pretty hard to reproduce here since I only have one
> > > system which runs -current and most of the time that machine is in Win95
> > > :-(.  Try compiling mountd with DEBUG_FLAGS=-g, then attaching gdb to it
> > > with 'attach pid'.  If it doesn't fault, set a breakpoint in _exit.
> >
> > Yeah, I'm a little tied up in CD/release engineering at the moment
> > and haven't had the time to chase up the NFS stuff, but once that's
> > off my plate..
> >
> > > I think for diskless root filesystems, you must export the fs with
> > > -root=0, otherwise lots of stuff will break.
> >
> > Tony, you had things set up this way already, right?
> >
> > 					Jordan
> >

>  Yes. I have -maproot=0:0

Exactly which files have permission problems?  Try creating a file (as
root) on those filesystems and make sure that the new file is owned by
root and not nobody.

If I could see some kind of log of the system booting, I might be able to
see more of what is happening.  Is that possible?

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 251 4411