Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:32:22 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu
Cc:        jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install FreeBSD on a Windows XP box

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To: Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:22:23 -0400 (EDT)

Jerry:

Thanks for your long response. I have downloaded bootitng v1.32 from
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ and it works great. It has nice menu. =20
The only thing to watch is that I should create a dedicated partition for
bootitng before trying to install it. I also changed the timeout from 0=20
to 5. The machine originally has:

MBR entry 0    31MB Dell Utility
MBR entry 1 all the rest of the disk space HPFS/NTFS

Now it has:

MBR entry 0    31MB    Dell Utility
MBR entry 1  7499MB    HPFS/NTFS
boot          126MB    FAT-32    <-- BootItNG
FreeBSD     68661MB    xBSD

Who said four primary partitions is enough?=20

-Zhihui
[snip]

Hi, Zhihui.  If you care to make the BootItNG
partition smaller (though it looks as if you have
plenty of space), you can uninstall it, resize your
partition(s) to cover the newly opened space, and
reinstall BootItNG.  You don't have to create a
dedicated partition for it.  It will create its
own 8mb FAT partition if installed to a drive
without one.

I had actually mentioned this in a previous reply
that unfortunately (likely due to mailer error) never
made it to you and the list.

Jud