Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 02:39:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <scottman@altern.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Why Disklabel shows my DOS partition?

Dear helping spirit,

While trying to install FreeBSD for the first time on my PC, I come up with an error message when using the FreeBSD Disklabel Editor create or auto default options. It mentions that my disk is to big... Even when specifying the 30 mb suggested minimum!

Prior of entering the Disklabel Editor, in the FDisk Partition Editor, I changed the type of a 1.6 gig ext2 linux partition to a FreeBSD (165) one. I then had a FAT partition of 6 gig, an extended partition of 1.7 gig and my new FreeBSD partition.

Accepting these settings and entering the Dislabel Editor I find a DOS partition listed of 6 gig? This is where I cant seem to change to the FreeBSD partition previously created... And when trying to create a new partition, I get the disk to big error suggestion.

Any help on this subject would be more than welcome since I really want to become BSD user!

Thanks
Scottman