Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:14:21 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SWAP size

--Boundary-02=_umZr+BxWq6mXRZU

On Monday 28 April 2003 10:54, Piotr Rybicki wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> In man tuning(7) we read, that swap size should be about 2x main memmory
> size. Why swap size should be so big? Isn't swap size equal to main memmo=
ry
> size enough?

IMHO the swapsize=3D2x phys. mem size has always been just a rule of thumb.=
 You=20
need as much swap as you need (doh). But so far, the memory requirements of=
=20
software have pretty much grown proportionally with the availibility /=20
affordability of bigger sticks of memory and thus the rule of thumb still=20
makes sense. YMMV.

=2D-=20
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock