Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:34:01 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fifolog - a circular file for embedded systems

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

Hi,

> I need it as a free standing facility in another contract, and that got
> me wondering if it should be included in FreeBSD as a general tool ?

I think it's a very useful tool, especially for embedded systems and
other installations with similar contraints, but I'd like to see it
in ports rather than base (unless I am missing something and it
depends on some special features of base that, when changing,
could possible break it).

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.