Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:25:09 -0700
From:      Sean Hafeez <sahafeez@edgefocus.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not using NATD?

OK so normally I use NATD for the users behind the BSD box.

ipfw -f flush
/sbin/natd -interface rl0
ipfw add 999 divert natd all from any to any via rl0
ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any in recv rl1
ipfw add pipe 2 ip from any to any out xmit rl1
ipfw pipe 1 config mask src-ip 0xffffffff bw 1024kbits/s
ipfw pipe 2 config mask dst-ip 0xffffffff bw 1024kbits/s

rl1 is the inside 192.168.x.x network.

So strange question - I do not want to NAT anymore. I am going to be
building a site that I want to us real IP's on the internal network. So
if I configure the box as a gateway (and make sure my upstream router
has a route to the external interface of the BSD for the network
behind) will it work?

Do I need to do anything else or will the

-bash-2.05b$ cat /etc/rc.conf
gateway_enable="YES"

Just work?

Thanks!