Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:26:58 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        "Kelly Hendrix" <kelly@slackwit.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error on xl0

Jan writes:

> If you've made changes to GENERIC, then you'll
> lose them and/or confuse CVS. If you've copied
> GENERIC to a new kernal config file and made the
> changes to that, cvsup by default won't delete
> that; however, changes to GENERIC won't be tracked
> into your new kernel config.

I've copied the configuration to my own configuration file, so that's not a
problem, presumably.  The thing is, now I've changed one of the source files to
redefine an internal parameter ... so how do I keep that change to that
particular source file (/sys/pci/if_xlreg.h), and also make sure that it doesn't
interfere with the standard source?