Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:38:33 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SRM: "ISA table corrupt!"?

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:20:09PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Now that I'm using a serial console on my PC164, I see some initial SRM
> messages that weren't visible on the graphics console:
>
> ff.fe.fd.fc.fb.fa.f9.f8.f7.f6.f5.f3.f2.f1.f0.
> ef.b0.b1.b2.b3.ee.ed.
> ERROR: ISA table corrupt!
> Initializing table to defaults
> ec.f4.eb.ea.e9.e8.e7.
>
> What does that error message mean?

Guessing: would this possibly be related to:

"
SRM quirks:
PC164 the SRM sometimes seems to loose its variable settings.
"For PC164, current superstition says that, to avoid losing settings,
you want to first downgrade to SRM 4.x and then upgrade to a 5.x"
Other PC164 owners report they have never seen the problem.
"

?

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					Arnhem, the Netherlands
wilko@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org 		http://www.nlfug.nl