Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:53:41 -0400
From:      "Alan Stultz" <AStultz@datatekcorp.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPsec v3 question

Hello All:

I have a question about the implementation of IPsec version 3 in FreeBSD.
We are porting from FreeBSD 5.4 to 7.2 and currently run an IPv6 application
with IPsec version 2 and IKEv1 open source from the KAME group.  Since the
KAME group disbanded (around when 5.4 was released), I don't know what RFCs
for IPsec and IPv6 are currently implemented in various FreeBSD releases.
I'm most interested in the following:

RFC4301 - Security Arch. for the Internet Protocol
RFC4302 - IP Authentication Header
RFC4303 - IP ESP
RFC4308 - Cryptographic Suites for IPsec

If anyone has a list or knowledge of the latest IPv6 RFCs supported in
FreeBSD, I would appreciate any info on them.

Thanks in advance,
Alan