Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:28:27 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make boot.flp Explodes

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I have been having trouble now for 5 days trying to get the stock
> > boot.flp make file to compile under FreeBSD 2.2.1 with absolutely no
> > luck.
> >
> > I have reinstalled the OS from scratch on a clean hard drive, but each
> > time I try the make, I get the same error.  Here is the sequence of
> > events I perform, and the error message:
> >
> > cd /usr/src/release
> > make boot.flp
>
> Heh.  This target is not meant to be run stand-alone; you MUST run it
> as part of the release target.  To put it another way, there are only
> two supported targets in /usr/src/release/Makefile: release and
> rerelease.  Attempts to use anything else will not work.
>
>                                         Jordan

Jordan
this is why I made the 'floppies' directory
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY do you INSIST on not using it?
it DOESN'T require
a Make release (which most people can't do) only a "Make world"
(and vn support) (or floppy I guess)

it's fallen WAY WAY WAY out of date because I can't spend the time
keeping the crunch config file up to date
with your continued changes but it always works fine for me wheneve I
check it..

why do you keep perpetuating this  "impossible to use"
 (for most people) feature?