Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:24:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      dutchman@spase.nl (Kees Jan Koster)
Subject:   DX4, P24T or Pentium.

Hoi hackers,

I've been wondering if anyone has performance figures on big 486's and
small pentiums (P24T 83MHz and pentium 90/100MHz).

Currently I own an AMD 486DX4-100 and I'm wondering what the next step
should be, plugging a P24T in my mainboard or replacing the whole thing
for a real pentium.

Since I mainly use the machine for g++ I'm particularly interested in
figures that compare (kernel?) compile performance.

Thanks for any reactions,

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan

Kees Jan Koster                   e-mail: dutchman@spase.nl
Van Somerenstraat 50              tel: NL-24-3234708
6521 BS  Nijmegen
         the Netherlands
 Who is this general Failure and why is he reading my disk?  (anonymous)