Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:32:29 +0100
From:      Ralf Folkerts <ralf.folkerts@gmx.de>
To:        Freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.5 & Eclipse on amd64 Problem...

--=-OQEWwqoccTCQqovSeBe/

Hi,

I recently (well, one week ago) moved from i386 to amd64 on my machine.
Before the re-install Eclipse worked 1a (used JDK 1.4.2, however). After
the re-install I cvsupped to 6.0-STABLE, performed a build-/
installworld, cvsupped ports and ran "portupgrade -fa". I had to compile
Eclipse using WITHOUT_CAIRO, as it didn't link properly against the
cairo-Libs. Java 1.5 compiled fine - as the "WITHOU_WEB" is being turned
on automagically on amd64...

Well, with amd64 I don't have JDK 1.4.2 any longer and so use 1.5.
Unfortunately, Eclipse always crashes with with a Signal 6 shortly after
starting up and compiling the Workspace (used to pull a project from
CVS). My first "action" was to remove .eclipse - however, that didn't
help.

Now, I read some hints regarding libz.so - Problems here in the list.
However, the JDK 1.5 I installed is "jdk-1.5.0p2_3" - and if I got the
(latest) commit-comment right, that JDK should not show these
libz-Problems any longer (btw: Eclipse it @ "eclipse-3.1.1_2")?!

Does anyone have a hint? The crash always happens in "Java indexing"; I
enclosed one hs_err - File...

Thanks in advance,
cheers,
_ralf_