Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2014 18:52:32 -0600
From:      Sean DuBois <sean@siobud.com>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: firefox bookmarks verifier

Hey Ernie,

I have a 3 liner script to take exported FireFox bookmarks -> another
browser. https://github.com/Sean-Der/Firefox2dwb/blob/master/firefox2dwb.py

It doesn't solve your exact problem, but it is how I would solve the
problem. I would loop over your bookmarks and filter links that return a
404 etc..

I imagine I will get bored later tonight, and whip up the completed
script you are looking for.

thanks!