Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:28:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Chad Ziccardi <ziccardi@digitalfreaks.org>
Cc:        Jason Cribbins <jasonc@concentric.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to get natd/ipfw to work properly

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Chad Ziccardi wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Jason Cribbins wrote:
>
> > I rebuilt the kernel using the directions found on >
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html
> > using the "traditional" method since the "new" method wouldn't work
>> correctly. >
>> I have confirmed the new kernel ident is displayed upon
>> bootup. Now I am back top this again > IP packet filtering
>> initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding > disabled > ,

> See the "divert disabled" that's why divert isn't working.

	He is right.  You must not be building your kernel right.

	1) cd /sys/i386/conf
	2) cp GENERIC $MYKERNEL_CONFIG_FILE
	1) Edit the $MYKERNEL Config file add your options
	2) config $MYKERNEL_CONFIG_FILE
	3) cd ../../compile/MY_CONFIG_FILE
	4) make depend && make && make install

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>