Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 15:49:56 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, rob <europax@home.com>, Johannes Zwart <johannes@jak.nl>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why not XEmacs, after all?

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 02:06:31PM -0600, John Galt wrote:

> So why is it still forbidden in a fresh download?  I have my own reasons
> for downloading what I did, but until the un-forbid fix propagates, I
> still stand by my statement: it was once deprecated, and there's still a
> ports tree you can download today wherein you can't install lynx, so it is
> still at least in part deprecated.

All you need to do is comment out the FORBIDDEN line in the Makefile.

And "depricated" is not an accurate term. Ports are marked FORBIDDEN
to prevent people from easily installing them while they are "broken"
(and like in this case, broken can mean known, severe security
issues). FORBIDDEN is meant to be temporary, if the port were truly
depricated, it would be removed from the ports tree all
together. However, if the user still really wants to add it, just
comment out that FORBIDDEN line in the Makefile.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com