Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jivglailh@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS

We have FreeBSD installed on a computer and we are using it as a web server.
 We were wondering what is the difference between NIS and DNS, Bind, do you
need to use all of this or do you use one of them?  We have been trying to
set this up for about a week, and looking in books, trying to figure it out,
we have figured some stuff out but we are now stuck.   We have our db files
made, and our named.boot and named.root files all made, and we used nslookup,
it showed us the server name, but it should nothing for the server address.
 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

                                                           Thank you