Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:34:37 -0500
From:      "Kevin A. Pieckiel" <kpieckiel-freebsd-alpha@smartrafficenter.org>
To:        moonshine_religion <aknoland@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AS1200

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:00:03PM -0800, moonshine_religion wrote:
> Just a suggestion. As I read the freeBSD-Alpha post I have noticed=20
> several posters say their are very few people running as1200s. I think=20
> it would be nice to organize the few people with access to an as1200 for=
=20
> testing and other development specific to this hardware. Please let me=20
> know what you think.

I think it would be a great idea.  If it gets structured/big enough, maybe
even get a web forum set up somewhere for us to discuss/communicate.
I don't think there would be enough participation to warrant a separate
mailing list just for this model--the freebsd-alpha list would probably
suffice (just my thinking--correct me if I'm wrong!).

Like I said before, I'm no kernel developer, but I _AM_ a C programmer of
many years.  I would hate to pass by an opportunity to help the alpha port
development if I am able to test/diagnose/etc.

Is this something that we should be mentioning on -hackers?  I don't know
how many of the kernel programmers sift through these other lists...

Kevin

"Computers are the evil minions of Satan."
--Too Much Coffee Man, by Shannon Wheeler

---
This message was signed by GnuPG.  E-Mail kpieckiel-pgp@smartrafficenter.org
to receive my public key.  You may also get my key from pgpkeys.mit.edu;
my ID is 0xF1604E92 and will expire on 01 January 2004.

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL--