Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:27:55 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stable sata patch: panic at kernel boot (can't dump)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Doug Ambrisko wrote:

DA> That's good new and bad news.  Good news that there isn't a problem with
DA> interaction with vinum.  I've been swamped at work so I haven't had a
DA> chance to test vinum with the patch set.

On our stage/backup server there are 3 ATA controllers with 6 disks and mix on
RAID 1 and RAID 10 file systems, and onboard SATA channels (still unused, hence
untested, sorry) your patchset works without any issues.

DA> I recall that the cmd649 is a problem controller in general (not specfic
DA> to my patches).  Does it work okay without my patchset?

Well, at least in our usage pattern (it's an ftp server, and all filesystems
not systems ones are just concats, and system ones are mirrored) it "just
works".

I hope I have some spare time to test this machine with sata patchset and
verbose kernel logging to get more details where ATA init procedure fails...

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***