Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:05:51 +0000
From:      <org.freebsd.security@io7m.com>
To:        Marko Zec <zec@fer.hr>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ifconfig: BRDGADD lo1: invalid argument

Hello!

On 2016-06-25T23:46:36 +0200
Marko Zec <zec@fer.hr> wrote:

> if_bridge(4) works only with ethernet interfaces, and lo(4) isn't such a
> thing.

Has this always been the case? I'm almost certain that I set up jails
with extra loopback devices that communicated over bridges back in the
FreeBSD 6 days.

> Assuming you are using vnet jails, take a look at if_epair(4): assign
> one endpoint to the bridge, and the another one to the jail.

I'm not using vnet jails. I'm actually just trying to get filtering of
outbound traffic (see the other mail I sent to this list a few seconds
before you responded).

> If you're not using vnet jails, you should simply add an alias address
> to em0.

Could you explain a little more here?