Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:00:13 -0500
From:      "Hyunseog Ryu @ Norlight" <hyun@staff.norlight.net>
To:        "'Adam'" <blueeskimo@gmx.net>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems setting up dual-boot

Install w2k on hd0 first, but leave a little bit of room.=20
Then install fbsd on hd0 and hd2.
You can install / partition on hd0, and rest of partitions to hd2.
O.k. I'm done with my sub, so I can type with two hands.

If I were you, I will install W2K on hd0 with 1GB free.
Then install FreeBSD with following options.
/ (root) partition	hd0	512MB
swap partition		hd0 	512MB
/usr				hd2	2GB or larger if you run CVS for
source/kernel update
/usr/local			hd2	1GB or whatever you like
/var				hd2	1GB		log file and temp
files
/home				hd2	rest of harddisk space

In this case, bootmanager will not have a problem to recognize both W2K =
and
FBSD,=20
And system performance will be a little better, I believe.

Thumbs of rule is putting boot partition on same physical disk.=20

There might be some other ways, but this will be good for start.

I hope you don't need to spend whole this weekend to figure this out.=20

Hyun

=3D=3D=3D
Hyunseog Ryu=20
Senior Network Engineer, Applications Engineering
Norlight Telecommunications
275 North Corporate Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045
U.S.A.