Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:36:08 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        John Clayton <neuroboy@optonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using patches with ports

In the last episode (Sep 30), John Clayton said:
> I am interested in installing the jdk13 port, but since I ma new to the
> whole process, I could use some help.  There are some patches posted at
> freebsd.org/java  and the instructions simply say, apply the patches.  Is
> this done my somehow renaming them and placing them in the files directory
> of the port and then going through the normal port process, or is there some
> other process I need to undertake?  Thanks,

Simply download theJDK source from Sun, and the patches from the JDK13
page, put everything into /usr/ports/distfiles, cd into
/usr/ports/java/jdk13, and make install.  You have to manually download
them because Sun makes you log into a page to fetch the sources, and
that can't be automated.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com