Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 15:24:33 -0400
From:      Ugen Antsilevitch <ugen@xonix.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI modems do not work???

 Well.. i just looked through some archives and also on the
recent traffic in freebsd-questions.
 It seems there are great many people that have same problem i do - apparently
our beloved system does not support PCI modems? Now if i am wrong here -
kick me and ignore the rest of the message.
 If i am right - this really has to be fixed and soon. There aren't many ISA
56K modems out there that aren't winmodems. On my last search everything that
was 56K was divided about 80% winmodems and 20% PCI modems (with UART).
 I don't think for someone with understanding of low level drivers implementing
this should be too hard? After all all the difference AFAIK is in how interrupts
are delivered from a device. It still has the same ports, doesn't it?

If this is not fixed soon FreeBSD users won't be able to get a modem working
at all... and then how the hell is this going to be a network system?:))))
--Ugen