Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:41:58 +0000
From:      "mgmcomm @hotmail.com" <mgmcomm@hotmail.com>
To:        micheal@tsgincorporated.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail aliases not worked as expected

>From: "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
>To: "mgmcomm @hotmail.com" <mgmcomm@hotmail.com>,<questions@freebsd.org>
>Subject: Re: sendmail aliases not worked as expected
>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:06:48 -0600

Actually the only one doing the job properly is the mail host itself which
is using qmail/vpopmail.  All local root messages get translated
properly...sent to local ip address as per the mx record and then available
for picking up via pop3/webmail.

I am half tempted to drop sendmail on all hosts and see if qmail will
forward to the mail host properly.  From what I can tell no mail for root or
any other local user ever leave that localhost....but the bounce mesages to
the postmaster seem to work just fine.

Only the mail host shoud accept incoming mail.  mail on each individual host
is not checked and needs to  all go to one pop3 account on the mail host.

Thanks
Jason Cribbins