Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:45:57 +1000
From:      "Daniel Wong" <s2209866@cse.unsw.edu.au>
To:        <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-net@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to find the bandwidth between two machines under freeBSD?

Hi,

So if I need to code some traffic control algorithm under the IP layer in
the kernel, how do I determine how fast a particular interface goes. ie how
much bandwidth the interface has?? Also, what unit will this value be in?? I
was considering using MTU in the ifnet struct, but not sure how to use this,
and how it can be calculated along with the member baudspeed.

Regards and Thanks
Dan