Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 03:00:40 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com, nate@mt.sri.com, chuckr@glue.umd.edu, rkw@dataplex.net, imp@village.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: install on {Net,Open}BSD vs install on FreeBSD

> No, not for version >3.5, since that was when Sun decided to merge
> SunOS and SYSV.

Wellll.  I think "merge" is rather too strong a way of putting it (but
let's try not get into an extended SunOS debate in FreeBSD-current,
OK? :-) As I remember, they didn't actually start seriously perverting
things into a fully SYSV direction until a fair bit later than this
given that there was a lot of resistance just inside Sun to permuting
the SunOS codebase thusly and what eventually became Solaris spun off
fairly early, allowing SunOS to keep a fair amount of its BSDisms
intact.

> How about a ``which install'' here?  Perchance did you get /usr/5bin/install?

whjkh@wc-> which install
/bin/install

					Jordan