Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2010 08:11:37 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        Xn Nooby <xnooby@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does WINE work on FreeBSD amd64 ?

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Xn Nooby <xnooby@gmail.com> wrote:
> The wiki page seems to say that wine is a 32-bit port, and 32-bit
> ports do not work well on amd64. =A0This would imply that 32-bit Windows
> programs would not run on 32-bit wine on a FreeBSD 8.1 amd64 system.
> Is this a correct interpretation?

As the wiki suggests, you can use the unofficial wine package at
http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/wine/
I've been using it myself for some time now without any issues. You
just need to install some lib32 userland libraries that in my system I
didn't have.

I use Spotify under wine on FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64.

Cheers.