Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 10:56:22 +0200
From:      CARTER Anthony <a.carter@cordis.lu>
To:        znerd@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24

I am having problems with this version of jakarta...The doc says that the
default connection is on port 8080 for tests, but the actual server.xml file
points rather to 8180...

But when I try and bind to that directory I get:

HTTP Status 500 -

message

from fulfilling this request

exception: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
	[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
	[javac] Compiling 1 source file
	[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.

and the a whole host of:

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError
(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)

Now, in the log there is an error running javac, and I noticed that on the
Jakarta website you need 1.3x java for this version of jakarta...however the
requirements for FreeBSD port is still 1.2.2p11...Is this right?

Any ideas anyone? I don't mind giving more log files if necessary.

Thanks,
Anthony Carter