Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2016 10:17:38 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, "mat@FreeBSD.org" <mat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] change in default openssl coming

On 07/08/16 08:26, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During this summer (sometime in August I think) I will be changing the
> default OpenSSL for the ports tree from the base system version to
> security/openssl.
>
> I will also, because it goes with it, change the default GSSAPI from base
> to something else, I think the consensus was to use the MIT version, which
> is security/krb5.

Hello.

Could you please elaborate?
Like:
_ why this is done/what problems should it solve?
_ what problems can arise and what is the suggested upgrade procedure
(or the procedure to still go the old way, if possible)?
_  what will happen to base OpenSSL and Kerberros;
_ is this expected to be done and work on all versions (still thinking
about 9.3);
_ etc...

Thanks a lot

  bye