Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 1995 16:17:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Never mind on the "mcopy busy"

As Kaleb Keithley wrote:

| It turns out that neither flock or fcntl locking works on the floppy
| drive device files and by disabling locking entirely mcopy works okay.
| The $64,000 question is why doesn't either locking method work? Have
| I somehow fubar-ed my kernel config? Is this something that does work
| in 2.x? (I'm still using 1.1.5.1 and will be for a while longer)

I doubt it works in 2.x.

I've noticed that FreeBSD 2's flock() is binary incompatible with
FreeBSD 1.1.5's.  My older copy of elm refuses to work now under 2.0,
i get an `flock: invalid argument'.

I hope it isn't intention for FreeBSD 2 to be binary incompatible to
its ancestors? :-/
--
cheers, J"org                             work:      --- no longer ---
                                          private:   joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de