Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:30:16 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make World on RELENG_2_2 failing for last 2 weeks..

> Hi there.. It seems I just can't get RELENG_2_2 to build...
>
> I last did a make world about the 17th of May - and everything went just
> fine (although it took  me a little while to patch the system to use
> login.conf and rc.conf... :-). The only problem I had was that
> the "keyrate=fast" and "linux_enable=YES" or "linux=YES" options from
> rc.conf weren't being honoured.. No problem - modload linux solved the
> problem. Oh yeah, PPP (userland) was still busted (sends load to one,
> and it nolonger redials :-( )

The load average thing has *still* never happened for me :( and
redial works as expected here.  Can you send me a copy of your
config files ?  Also, can you "set log +debug" and point syslog
somewhere with lots of disk space ?  I'd love to know what it
thinks it's doing when it spins.  Can you trigger it to dial ?
Does it quieten down again under any circumstances ?  Can you
try running ktrace on it ?

Help'd be much appreciated.

> The problem is that since May 20th, I have CVSupped the latest sources
> on the RELENG_2_2 tag about 6 separate times (the last time being about
> 2 minutes ago) and each and everytime a 'make world' fails. For a while
> there were problems with tcl, and most recently I get errors from
> /usr/include/unistd.h complaining about files not found in
> /usr/src/usr.bin/make/lst.lib/blah...
[.....]

Hmm.  No problems here.

--