Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2017 00:38:19 +0100
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting PRs fixed [ was: Re: The future of fortune(6) ]

On 01.12.2017 00:13, Dieter BSD wrote:

> Perhaps there should be a requirement to fix x old PRs to receive a
> commit bit, and to fix y bugs/year to retain it.  I don't especially
> like this idea, but offer it mainly  in hopes that it might inspire
> someone to think of a way to improve it.

Why not dedicate one quarter per year, possibly Q3, to fix the oldest
bugs in base first (except current security-issues of course) and
another quarter, possibly Q1, to fix the oldest bugs in ports first
(except current security-issues and port-updates of course).
In Q2 and Q4 there's then enough time to get new bugs fixed and new
features developed.

> I shouldn't have to say this, but when I say fixing a PR I mean just that.
> Fixing it, not just closing it with some absurd excuse.

I second that.

Just my two cent, thanks.

--
Kind Regards,                             Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen,
Markus Kohlmeyer                                   Markus Kohlmeyer

PGP: 0xA4D76E4E / 801C 1779 D30A 6AFD 44F9 4A45 9F89 63BD A4D7 6E4E