Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 16:38:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   More re time setting

I should have mentioned in my previous message, that the file
/etc/wall_cmos_clock does NOT exist. I was using this feature before,
however, and running PST on the internal cmos clock. I changed
the cmos clock to UTC/GMT, and removed wall_cmos_clock, and
re-directed /etc/localtime to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Pacific.

I have noted, however, that the mode of localtime is 755, not 777, as
the default localtime was set. A chmod 777 localtime seems to have no effect.

As far as I can tell, the internal cmos UTC time should be
automatically offset by -8 hrs to arrive at PST. Somehow it's being
left as is, and UTC is showing up as PST on the machine.

This is confusing!

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD