Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:02:16 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "ESanzalone" <esanzalone@ftkservices.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: File system full

 as a single user mode

mkdir /usr/home
rm -R /home
ln -s /usr/home /home

do the same for /var and the /tmp folder

Remember to use "single user mode"

On Sun, 09 Jul 2000, ESanzalone wrote:
> >%_I have a real problem. I set up a FreeBSD server when I knew a little about Unix. My problem is that the root slice is full. I do have another hard drive I can install. I need some information on how to add it to the root slice and mount it for FreeBSD and set it up correctly. Here is my hard drive setup now.
> Filesystem            Size    Used   Avail     Use%    Mounted on
> /dev/sd0s1a           497M   460M  -3.1M   101%     /
> /dev/sd0s1e           3.3G    543M   2.5G    17%      /usr
> procfs                    4.0k     4.0k     0        100%    /proc
>
> I would like to be able to add another 4gb hard drive and split it to 2gb for / and 2 gb for /var. If anyone can help me so I don't destroy my data.
>
> Thanks
> Ed

You are not authorized to use my email address for any purpose.
This is a violation of my privacy. Unsolicited
mail/posts is a "theft of service". Remove my email
address from your databases immediately.

You are only authorized to use my email address only in
conjunction with address the issue in this email.