Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:30:11 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does freeBSD 4.4 support Nvidia Geforce 2???

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 at 18:23:25 -0800, Roberto Armenteros wrote:
> Now, this is my question. I installed freeBSD 4.1 on
> my computer for a test. The network part worked great,
> but when I setup X i could not find my video card
> "Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS" I found other Nvidia  cards but
> not mine. I hope support to this card is added in new
> editions "4.4" and thats what I would like to confirm.
> If somebody knows about this, please let me know.
> Also, what X server should I install in order to
> provide support to the NVidia GeForce 2 family. In the
> list provided in the installation program, I could not
> find anything refering to Nvidia. I saw Virge, S3, IBM
> and a many others. Again, this was FreeBSD 4.1. I
> would really appreciate your help...
>
> Roberto Armenteros

Freebsd will support just about any video card, as far as X that
is a different story, which version of X are you using?

the Geforce 2 is supported in X 4.0.1 and higher, I am not sure
if 3.3.6 supports it or not, but if it does, it will use the nv driver.
edit your XF86Config and look at the Device section. you should have a
line that looks simular to: Driver      "nv"

I hope this helps.

--
Andrew