Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:37:25 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PIB and TK problems

Thought I'd try out PIB to see what all the talk was about it, but the build
is failing.  Actually, I'm not getting through the tk-8.2.3 build.  Here's
all of what I'm getting....

rm -f libtk82.so.1 ld -shared -x -soname libtk82.so.1 -o libtk82.so.1 tk3d.o
tkArgv.o tkAtom.o tkBind.o t kBitmap.o tkClipboard.o tkCmds.o  tkColor.o
tkConfig.o tkConsole.o tkCursor.o tkError. o tkEvent.o  tkFocus.o tkFont.o
tkGet.o tkGC.o tkGeometry.o tkGrab.o tkGrid.o  tkMain. o tkObj.o
tkOldConfig.o tkOption.o tkPack.o tkPlace.o  tkSelect.o tkUtil.o tkVisual.o
tkWindow.o   tkUnix.o tkUnix3d.o tkUnixButton.o tkUnixColor.o tkUnixConfig.o
tkUnixCu rsor.o tkUnixDraw.o tkUnixEmbed.o tkUnixEvent.o  tkUnixFocus.o
tkUnixFont.o tkUnixInit .o tkUnixKey.o tkUnixMenu.o  tkUnixMenubu.o
tkUnixScale.o tkUnixScrlbr.o tkUnixSelect. o  tkUnixSend.o tkUnixWm.o
tkUnixXId.o tkStubInit.o tkStubLib.o tkButton.o tkEntry.o t kFrame.o
tkListbox.o  tkMenu.o tkMenubutton.o tkMenuDraw.o tkMessage.o tkScale.o  tkSc
rollbar.o tkCanvas.o tkCanvArc.o tkCanvBmap.o tkCanvImg.o  tkCanvLine.o
tkCanvPoly.o t kCanvPs.o tkCanvText.o  tkCanvUtil.o tkCanvWind.o tkRectOval.o
tkTrig.o tkImage.o tkIm gBmap.o tkImgGIF.o tkImgPPM.o tkImgPhoto.o tkText.o
tkTextBTree.o tkTextDisp.o tkTextI mage.o tkTextIndex.o  tkTextMark.o
tkTextTag.o tkTextWind.o  -L/usr/local/lib/tcl8.2 -Wl,-export-dynamic
-L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lgcc -lstdc++ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11   -l c

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-export-dynamic'
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: use the --help option for usage information *** Error
code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk82/work/tk8.2.3/unix.

tk claims to need XFree86 3.3.6, though I'm running 4.0.2 here.  Not sure if
that has any impact on this.  As it is, it looks mucked up.  Oh, and I did do
a "make clean" on this before attempting the install.

Running with:
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #1: Wed Feb 28 07:20:50 PST 2001

Later on,
--
Maintain thine air speed, lest the ground come up and smite thee.