Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:41:42 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.7-RC2 Installation comments

I was unable to locate an md5 checksum for the 4.7-RC2.iso but it
seemed to be okay.

The install went smoothly as expected.

Normally, I don't install KDE or Gnome but I tried the KDE desktop.
When I reviewed the package selection menu, I noticed that it
had only installed some of the kde libs and the kde base.  The
meta port for KDE was not marked as already having been installed.
I selected the meta port and it installed the remaining uninstalled
KDE elements (games, network, multimedia, etc).

Is the intended behavior?  I would have thought that the entire KDE
suite would have been installed if I had selected it as my desktop
during the install.  I can repeat the install if needed, making notes
of the packages that do get installed when selecting the KDE desktop
as the default.

I'll try a few more fresh installs in various ways, but things seem
to be pretty smooth.

Randy