Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:54:42 -0800
From:      "David G. Paschich" <dpassage@flophouse.com>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C572 support?

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 10:24:03PM -0800, David G. Paschich wrote:
> > So I've got myself a shiny new IBM Thinkpad 600E, and a shiny new 3Com
> > "OfficeConnect 10/100 LAN" card, model 3CCSH572BT, and I'm trying to
> > install the 2/14 -current snapshot.  The card isn't showing up when I
> > get to the "choose connection" portion of sysinstall.  Is this card
> > supported?  Should I dig up a different one?  What should I get?
>
> If this card is a cardbus, it will not work, as cardbus is currently
> unsupported.

3com lists it as a 16 bit card (at
http://buydirect.3com.com/iom_dcms/b2c/catalog/detail.html?SKU=3CCSH572BT)

Is there generally a list of supported PCMCIA ethernet devices?  Other
than -current:/etc/pccardd.conf.sample? :)  Seems this information is
missing from the usual places.

--------
David G. Paschich
dpassage@flophouse.com