Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:32:43 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT does not compile on i386

Pierre-Yves PĂ©neau wrote:
[snip]

>> If you are not a kernel-hacking developer might I respectfully suggest
>> beginning with RELEASE and NOT -CURRENT?
>
> OK I'll try with RELEASE. Thank you Mike.

I believe the build may have been fixed since you experienced this. You may
be able to refresh your source code and the trouble has passed.  This is the
so-called "bleeding edge", so to speak.

The -CURRENT branch is where the developers 'play' with brand new code. It
is never guaranteed to always build or even work at all. They will break
things and they will fix things; it is an up and down roller coaster ride.

Cordialement,

-Mike