Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 10:07:16 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        ee96199@tom.fe.up.pt
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CVS Tree

Hi, Reference:
> From:		ee96199@tom.fe.up.pt
>
> My question now is: Can I ftp the complete tree from a FreeBSD mirror
> site as in ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS?
>
> My goal is to use CVSup and run it every 2 days to keep my sources
> current and extract a copy of FreeBSD-stable every week and then
> do a make world :-). Any comments on how to do this are welcome!

Have you looked at CTM too ?
	man ctm
refers.
CTM is 'push technology', as opposed to CVSup which is 'pull technology',
so CTM is cheap on home phone call costs !)
cvs is great at work on leased lines,
ctm is better at home to minimise costs on dial up personal billed phone lines.

cvs is available via ctm (as also is current & ports & gnats & stable)

stable is available direct via ctm (to save you the cvs export/checkout)

echo	"lists" | majordomo@freebsd.org
for more info on ctm lists
& look at /usr/share/doc & man ctm

Julian