Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:13:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Les Biffle <les@safety.net>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP routing question

(snip)

> You could use the draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-04.txt together with ipfw rules,
> but then you say you don't want to look at IP addresses...

I'm happy to look at outside addresses, just not the ones on the inside.
I would also consider matching up endpoint (VPN gateway or "outside")
address and SPI to know which SA a packet is arriving on, for the
inbound-through-tunnel direction, and then use the vlan interface name
to help select the departing tunnel, if possible.

> So no, I don't see how it can be done under your constraints.

Well, not perhaps without some nethacks in the kernel.  I've certainly
done that before, but would prefer something more vanilla.

Thanks,

-Les

--
Les Biffle