Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:18:33 +1100
From:      "Craig Williamson (ENZ)" <craig.williamson@ericsson.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation question

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C615.4138F830

Hi All,

	When you are installing FreeBSD onto an i386 box, is there any way
to build the packages from source, rather than by binary packages.  Does the
installer do this, or is there a version of FreeBSD for i386 available that
can do this.  I've tried 'Linux From Scratch' and 'Gentoo' and want to try
building FreeBSD from source as well.  Any sugggestions?  Cheers.

Craig Williamson

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C615.4138F830

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>FreeBSD Installation question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi All,</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>When you =
are installing FreeBSD onto an i386 box, is there any way to build the =
packages from source, rather than by binary packages.&nbsp; Does the =
installer do this, or is there a version of FreeBSD for i386 available =
that can do this.&nbsp; I've tried 'Linux From Scratch' and 'Gentoo' =
and want to try building FreeBSD from source as well.&nbsp; Any =
sugggestions?&nbsp; Cheers.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Craig Williamson</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C615.4138F830--