Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:11:16 -0300
From:      "Alexandre Biancalana" <biancalana@gmail.com>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix domain socket leak in 6-STABLE

On 6/13/07, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I would advise running "truss" or ktrace against the process
> to see if it's actually attempting to close the descriptor.
>
> this would explain if the leak is in the application, or
> maybe libc/kernel.
>
> --
> - Alfred Perlstein

Hi !

I change nss_ldap.conf again to access OpenLDAP via unix domain socket.

Here is the connection counter before the change:

Wed Jun 13 22:35:55 BRT 2007
unix sockets:       99
tcp sockets:       12

Here is the connection counter rigth before change connection method back to
TCP socket:

Wed Jun 13 22:56:01 BRT 2007
unix sockets:     2902
tcp sockets:       13

Follow the link to the 500k lines kdump file from a ktrace of an smbd
process that leaked more than 1000 unix domain sockets connections during
this time.

http://www.seudns.net/~ale/smbd.kdump.bz2

ps: I removed some lines from the file that shows socket read returns,
because they showed usernames e other informations that I don't want to
expose.

Regards,

Alexandre