Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:33:41 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Lorin Lund <wbs@infowest.com>, "mickey" <mickeygod@pchome.com.tw>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: when 32-bit card bus can support?

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:22 am, Lorin Lund wrote:
> 6/26/2002 7:06:12 AM, David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 26 June 2002 07:41 am, mickey wrote:
> >> I have a question:
> >>         When 32-bit card bus can support
> >>            by FreeBSD?!
> >
> >The -current branch supports cardbus.  -stable does not, and never will, as
> >the new bus architecture is too complex to MFC.
>
> But the branch that is now -current will someday become 5.0-release won't
it?

Indeed it will, and sometime this November if things stay on schedule  ;)

What I meant was the newbus/cardbus won't be MFC'd to RELENG_4, which is the
technical and unambiguous name.  Sorry for the confusion.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago