Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:02:01 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Porting Linux Archive FS

Hi Hackers,

Now I'm looking into possibility to port Linux Archive FS module (UFS module
that allows to mount archive files
http://raiden.goice.co.jp/member/mo/release/mi-arcfs/). This thing should be
extremely useful for keeping ports/src tree on machines with limited HDD space.

As I'm not very experienced with UFS hacking I would like to ask somebody with
similar knowledge (ext2fs, smbfs etc.) to provide some help on that (i.e. hints
and tips, plan of attack etc.). If someone would like to help please contact me
at my e-mail, because I do not subscribed on this list.

Thanks!

-Maxim