Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:22:33 +0100
From:      Lewis Thompson <lewiz@fajita.org>
To:        Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1024x768 Resolution in console?

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 07:46:05PM -0500, Eric Crist wrote:
> This is for a Compaq Presario 2100 (laptop).  My beef is that my console =
only=20
> takes up a small section of the screen (although X is full screen).  I kn=
ow=20
> some laptops have a 'stretch' capability, but, alas, I was a cheap bastar=
d,=20
> and this one does not.

Not sure about your splash... but have you investigated the vidcontrol
VESA_800x600 mode?  This might help a little (looks great on my laptop).

  In your kernel config you will need VESA and SC_PIXEL_MODE.  Then you
should add something to rc.conf's allscreens_flags that sets up every
screen at boot.

  Hope that's some help,

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig--