Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:03:08 -0500
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Martin <spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't find out how to get a second ethernet card recognized

If it's permanate rebuild your kernel with two such interfaces.
If it's temporary when booting try booting -c visual mode
boot: -c
You can see the network interfaces and configure them here.
Unless you have plug and play
then you'll probably have to rebuild the kernel for sure
with the plug and pray options set !

Hope this helps I'm new to this stuff !

Martin wrote:

> Hello FreeBsd'ers  :)
>
> I've been trying to figure out how to get a second, standard generic ne2000
> card recognized.
>
> Can't find out how to do it  :(
>
> Any hints of leads, pointers etc. would be appreciated.
>
> Regards...Martin

When you find out the answer it's always something
you thought you knew :-)

Answers here http://www.freeBSD.org/search

Happily Running!
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: